International Regatta Selection Criteria
The International 420 Class organizes international regattas to promote 420 dinghy sailing around the world. The events have the highest quality racing and excellent conditions for developing individual friendship among competitors and goodwill among all participating people.
Annually, the International 420 Class Association organizes the two primary international championships:
- World and Ladies World Championships
- Junior European Championship
In years when the World Championship is not held in the Northern Hemisphere, the Class also organizes the:
- Open European Championship
Additionally, the Class may hold the:
- Team Race Championship
All international regattas are listed on the International 420 Class Calendar.
The US Class selects teams to attend various international regattas, criteria which is outlined below:
Team USA International Regatta Selection Criteria
Team USA International Regatta Selection Protocols
2018 Team USA Qualification Rankings
- 2018 Team USA Worlds Qualification Rankings (updated 2.20.18)
- 2018 Team USA Jr Euros Qualification Rankings (updated 2.20.18)
- Race Results Used to Calculate Qualification Point for 2018 Worlds and 2018 Jr Europeans (2.20.18)
The class encourages sailors to double check their regatta results to ensure accuracy and notify the class of any inconsistencies.
Qualification rankings will be updated after each qualifying regatta.