At the US I-420 Association we have several defined goals and objectives for our organization, listed below.
- To achieve and sustain success by United States sailors in International 420 Class competition worldwide, with success defined as helping driven and motivated young sailors advance their skills thru proper education, guidance and support to compete at the highest levels of the I-420 Class international competition, with an eye toward increasing medaling by the US sailors at international competitions;
- To train sailors to travel and compete at the highest levels of International 420 Class events worldwide and to assist class members with management of the logistics, travel and support resources so as to instill independence and confidence in the sailors;
- To organize and support travel Teams (Team USA), training clinics and sailing competitions in support of sailor development within the Class Association in both domestic and international events;
- To promote and support communications for the sailors within the US I-420 Class, and provide a platform for the sailors to access and share information;
- To assist development of local fleets, boat ownership, regattas and training clinics;
- To represent the US I-420 Class and its members as the Member National Authority (MNA) of the United States in all matters pertaining to the International Class Association;
- To teach, advance and actively promote the Corinthian Spirit, sportsmanship, teamwork, excellence in seamanship, and safety to existing and new generations of sailors through their teenage and young adult years.