To all US I-420 Class Association Members,
Linked here is the list of the qualification standings for the I-420 sailors registered as Class Members thru the latest completed points event – the Mid-Winters Championship held at Miami Yacht Club.
Also linked here is the Regatta Application & Data Form, which must be sent (via E-Mail in PDF format) by all applicants to the US I-420 Class Office by March 25, 2017.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS MEMO BEFORE YOU SEND IN AN APPLICATION TO JOIN THE TEAM FOR EITHER THE 2017 EUROPEAN OR THE Jr. EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP.
Invitations to compete in the Championship Regattas will not be sent out to individual teams as in the past. If you wish to be considered to compete, Teams must send in an Application Form.
1) Skippers must make their application with the name of the crew they intend to sail with
2) All applications must be received by the US I-420 Class office by March 25, 2017 (sent in PDF format to )
3) Be aware of the age/birthdate of your team member so you make the right Fleet choice
4) Each Team must choose the specific Fleet they are applying to sail in:
a) OPEN FLEET (any combination of sailors except two women)
b) WOMEN’S FLEET (two women sailors only)
c) U17 OPEN FLEET (any combination of sailors UNDER AGE 17)
d) U17 WOMEN’S FLEET (two women sailors UNDER AGAE 17)
Jr. European Championship
a) OPEN FLEET (any combination of sailors – men or women)
b) U17 OPEN FLEET (any combination of sailors UNDER AGE 17)
5) Each Team must choose the Fleet they wish to sail in to be chosen – you will NOT be able to change Fleet choices once you have made application
6) If you are qualified by points to compete in either of the Championship events and choose not to apply, PLEASE NOTIFY THE CLASS OFFICE IMMEDIATELY
7) If a team is a top qualifier by points and under the age of 17 for these events, you have a choice to sail in either the Regular Fleet or the U17 Fleet
8) Once you apply with a team-mate and for some reason a replacement is needed, you must submit a request to the US I-420 Class Association Selection Committee to get approval for the replacement – team-mate replacement it is not automatic – NO EXCEPTIONS.
9) Because all teams that are qualified may not choose to compete, any team wishing to apply to join the team should do so NOW – do not wait to be invited.
We look forward to getting your applications as soon as possible.
Congratulations to you all.
Larry R. Law
U.S. I-420 Class Association
Team USA - Int'l Sailing Team
1048 Irvine Avenue, Suite 628
Newport Beach, CA 92660